It’s been a while since I’ve added any recipes to the site. That’s not because we haven’t discovered amazingly delicious recipes–almost every week we’ve found something that’s a “keeper”! Mostly, finding time to post is challenging, and with so many sites with great recipes, I always seem to find enough new recipes that we are don’t repeat too many recipes–when we do, it’s easier to just look back at a few weeks’ menus and pick to best ones.
But I have a few photos from some recent meals and this Chicken Pot Pie Skillet Pizza from Cooking Light was so good we’ve already done it a couple of times.
Chicken Potpie Skillet Pizza
- 2 Tbs Olive oil divided
- 1 Onion chopped
- Handful of baby carrots cut into matchsticks, about 1 cup
- 2-3 Stalks celery chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen peas thawed
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 cup Chicken stock
- Pizza dough for 2 pizzas
- 2 Chicken breasts diced
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Place 12in cast-iron skillet in oven and preheat to 450˚F
- Heat another skillet on stove with 1 tsp oil
- Sautée onions for 2 min
- Add the Chicken and sautée
- Add carrots, celery and peas, sautée for another couple of minutes
- Remove veggies to a plate
- Add 1 Tbs oil to skillet and add flour, stirring for 30 seconds
- Add the chicken stock and bring to boil stirring often
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes
- Split the Dough in 2 pieces
- Roll the pizza dough out to fit the bottom and sides of the skillet in the oven.
- Take the preheated skillet out of the oven and spray with cooking spray
- Place 1 of the dough rounds in it covering the bottom and going up the sides.
- Bake the dough for about 5 minutes
- Add 1/2 the veggie and chicken mixture to the cooked pizza dough
- Pour 1/2 the sauce over the toppings
- Top with 1 cup cheese and sprinkle with thyme and grating of paper
- Change the oven to broil and broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Remove from oven and slide the pizza out of the pan
- Allow to cool while you cook the second pizza
- Slice and eat!