Looks like we’ve been on a pizza kick lately–I posted the Arugula pizza last week and now this. I’ll get to some other recipes in a bit, but it is always fun playing with new ways of making a classic like pizza. I opted not to use our purple sweet potatoes for this recipe, though I suppose that could work too…
I adapted this from this recipe at TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com.
Sweet Potato Kale Pizza
- Recipe of pizza dough
- 1 Large sweet potato sliced into 1/4 in rounds
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cups Kale leaves stem removed and chopped into pieces
- 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, if you have a pizza stone put it in now
- Toss the sweet potatoes and onion slices with olive oil
- Spread on a baking dish
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Raise the oven to 500F.
- Roll out the pizza dough
- Brush with a little olive oil
- Spread 1/2 (about 1 cup) of the cheese on the crust
- Top with the roasted potatoes and onions
- Toss the kale with balsamic vinegar
- Put the kale on the pizza
- Top with the rest of the cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese begins to brown.