Looks like we’ve been on a pizza kick lately–I posted the Arugula pizza last week and now this. I’ll get to some other recipes in a bit, but it is always fun playing with new ways of making a classic like pizza. I opted not to use our purple sweet potatoes for this recipe, though I suppose that could work too…
I adapted this from this recipe at TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com.
Sweet Potato Kale Pizza
Sweet potato kale pizza with rosemary and red onion
- Recipe of pizza dough
- 1 Large sweet potato sliced into 1/4 in rounds
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cups Kale leaves stem removed and chopped into pieces
- 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, if you have a pizza stone put it in now
- Toss the sweet potatoes and onion slices with olive oil
- Spread on a baking dish
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Raise the oven to 500F.
- Roll out the pizza dough
- Brush with a little olive oil
- Spread 1/2 (about 1 cup) of the cheese on the crust
- Top with the roasted potatoes and onions
- Toss the kale with balsamic vinegar
- Put the kale on the pizza
- Top with the rest of the cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese begins to brown.
One thought on “Sweet Potato Kale Pizza”
this sounds good. Something new to try as well. thanks for sharing this recipe.