This Spinach Quiche recipe from SmittenKitchen was so good, we had it two weeks in a row! I just use my standard pie crust (1 c flour, 1/3 c butter, 6-8 Tbs water). I think making this in a tart pan, rather than a pie plate keeps the quiche a bit shallower and that seems to make it extra yummy. We had gruyere cheese which was delicious, we never did try it with cheddar as the original called for–maybe next time 🙂 ! Everyone in the family was fighting for leftovers. The second time, we basically doubled the recipe to make sure everyone had a delicious lunch the following day.
This goes really well with the Zucchini Carpaccio Salad, also from SmittenKitchen.
- 1 Pie crust
- 3 oz Cream cheese, room temp
- ⅓ cup Milk, cream or ½&1/2
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup Grated gruyere cheese original called for cheddar)
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Green onions, whites and a little bit of green sliced
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Roll out the pie crust and place into a tart pan (we use one that's about 11 inches across)
- With a fork, mash up the cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add in the milk and eggs, mixing well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into uncooked crust.
- Bake until crust is brown and filling is set, about 25 minutes.
- Cool a bit before serving.