It’s great to fire up the grill in the summer and when I ran across this recipe for Grilled Sweet Potatoes, I knew I had to try them. Wow, the lime-cilantro dressing on these was awesome! Paired with a burger topped with feta cheese and some lettuce, this was a great, easy meal.
Feta Burgers with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
For the potatoes:
- 2 lbs about 3 large Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
For the Burgers:
- 1 Lb of ground beef formed into patties
- 4 oz Feta cheese sliced into 4 slices
- Hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, direct heat.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Coat the slices with olive oil.
- Form the beef into patties.
- Grill the potatoes and burgers, 3-6 minutes each side or until the burgers are cooked as you like and the sweet potatoes are softened and have some nice grill marks.
- While things are grilling, mix the cilantro, lime zest and juice, oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the dressing and mix.
- Place the burgers on a bun with a slice of feta and some lettuce.