The main downside of this recipe, adapted from TheKitchn, is that the kids devoured it and there were no leftovers for lunch! I was savoring my second piece, thinking that the kids surely would be happy with one and thinking of the yummy lunch I’d be having the next day, when they both asked for seconds. This is a quick and delicious meal, the puff pastry might not qualify it as supper healthy, but yum!
Chicken Pesto Tart
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 head garlic peeled
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3-4 chicken breast 1lb, cooked and diced
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 2 Tbs Parmesan grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 400˚F.
- While the oven is heating, thaw the puff pastry and peel the garlic. Put the garlic on a baking sheet and bake until soften and golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold the puff pastry onto the lined sheets and stretch it out a bit. Prick all over with a fork to prevent the pastry from rising too much.
- Brush the olive oil onto the pastry, then top with the chopped basil.
- Top with the diced chicken and then the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes--until the cheese is melted and nicely browned.