These wraps from FoodandStyle.com were easy to make and delicious. This is a great weeknight recipe as everything comes together quite quickly. We used spinach tortillas which, surprisingly enough, were a hit with the kids.
Portobello mushroom wraps
Portobello Mushroom Wraps with Mozzarella, Peppers and Spiced Mayonnaise
For the mushrooms:
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms – stems trimmed caps brushed clean
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
For the wraps:
- 4 to rtillas we used spinach tortillas
- 3 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 8 oz jar roasted bell peppers sliced
- 12 oz mozzarella sliced kind of thick
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cut the mushrooms in 1/4” slices.
- Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread the mushroom slices onto the sheet in a single layer.
- Brush with the rest of the olive oil and grind some pepper over them. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Turn the mushroom slices over and continue baking for another 6 to 8 minutes until the slices are golden-brown at the edges.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and paprika.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a row across the bottom third of the tortillas.
- Spread the mayonnaise on top of the mushrooms (about 2 tsp of mayonnaise for each tortilla).
- Top with the mozzarella slices and sprinkle pepper to taste.
- Top with peppers and the baby spinach leaves.
- Roll each tortilla, cut in half and serve.