We’ve made some delicious Saag Paneer in the past few months, and we make a lot of pizza, so when TheKitchn, one of my favorite blogs, had a recipe for Saag Paneer Pizza, I knew we had to try it. I am sure it would be great on Naan, but we just put it on our regular pizza dough and cooked it on the pizza stone. It was delicious!
Saag Paneer Pizza
- 2 9 oz Packages frozen spinach thawed
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 recipe pizza dough--fr 2 medium pizzas
- 2-4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese--we like it cheesy!
- Put pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze out the excess water.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the garam masala and pepper and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through cooking off any moisture from the spinach
- Remove from heat, add cream and lemon juice.
- Stir to mix.
- Divide the pizza in two and roll out.
- Divide the spinach mixture between the pizzas, spread out
- Top with cheese
- Bake one at a time for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Cool 5-10 min, slice and serve