We’ve made some delicious Saag Paneer in the past few months, and we make a lot of pizza, so when TheKitchn, one of my favorite blogs, had a recipe for Saag Paneer Pizza, I knew we had to try it. I am sure it would be great on Naan, but we just put it on our regular pizza dough and cooked it on the pizza stone. It was delicious!
Saag Paneer Pizza
Delicious Indian food meets pizza
- 2 9 oz Packages frozen spinach thawed
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 recipe pizza dough--fr 2 medium pizzas
- 2-4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese--we like it cheesy!
- Put pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze out the excess water.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the garam masala and pepper and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through cooking off any moisture from the spinach
- Remove from heat, add cream and lemon juice.
- Stir to mix.
- Divide the pizza in two and roll out.
- Divide the spinach mixture between the pizzas, spread out
- Top with cheese
- Bake one at a time for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Cool 5-10 min, slice and serve