In Googling around for ideas for a holiday treat auction, we ran across photos of these. They are fairly easy to make, yet a nice and somewhat different treat for the holidays. It probably would have helped if it weren’t 80 ˚F in December to make these, but such is life. The chocolate took a while to cool, making the process a bit slower than expected.
These are a very easy treat to get kids of any age involved in!
They kept fairly well for a few days in the fridge. But probably wouldn’t want to push it much beyond that. Once they are cool, store in a tupperware.
- Box of 100 mini candy canes
- Bag of marshmallows
- Bag of Chocolate Chips
- Using a double boiler or a pan of water with a bowl on top, heat the chocolate to melt it.
- Crush 20-30 mini candy canes (in batches as you need the crumbs)
- Stick a mini candy cane in a marshmallow
- Using tongs and holding by the candy cane, dip the marshmallow in the melted chocolate
- Let it cool a few seconds
- Dip the marshmallow in the candy care crumbs
- Put on wax paper to cool