The kids did almost all the work on these. They loved making the dough, forming and filling the cookies. And of course devouring them–make sure to cool well, the jam stays HOT for a long time! There’s a bunch of recipes out there, but I liked the simplicity of this one from About a Mom.
Jam filled Butter Cookies
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 3/4 Cups flour we use white-whole wheat for just about everything, including these
- About 1/2 Cup jam
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Cream together butter, sugar, and egg yolks.
- Mix in flour mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Pinch off pieces and roll dough balls in your palms to make 1 inch balls.
- Place balls on cookie sheet and make a well in the center.
- Fill each well with 1/2 tsp jam
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Remove and cool on wire rack--Jam is HOT, be sure to cool.