Trader Joe’s has come to town and, while there’s a LOT of stuff that that is not peanut/tree-nut/fish safe, there are many things that we’ve been able to find there. 10-minute bulgur and sunflower seeds being a couple. Now if only we could get them to be better about labeling! Unfortunately, there’s a bunch of stuff that has CYA labeling…salad greens with shared equipment warnings for all top 8 allergens??? And a lot of stuff that’s not labeled for may contains at all. But it’s a start…
I adapted this from this one on TasteOfHome.com: seemed like it needed some more veggies.
Chicken Bulgur Skillet with Spinach
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tsps olive oil
- 2 Carrots diced
- 2/3 Cup Onion diced
- 1 bag 10 oz Fresh spinach leaves
- 3 Tbs Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Cups Bulgur
- 2 Cups Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs Raisins
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and then the chicken.
- Cook until meat is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the carrots and onions.
- Add the sunflower seeds, caraway, and ground cumin.
- Cook until the onions start to brown.
- Stir in the bulgur
- Add the broth, bring to a boil and reduce heat
- Add the raisins, cinnamon and the cooked chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the bulgar is tender.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and serve.