It’s blueberry season here and we picked a lot. We’re always looking for new ways to use them and found this yummy blueberry pasta salad recipe. It’s a great summer dish. I grilled the chicken rather than poaching. We used the Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta for color and nutrition.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 box whole-wheat pasta
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 T grated lime zest
- Grill the chicken and dice (or use leftover chick or cook some other way).
- Cook the pasta, drain and return to pot.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium high heat, and add the shallot, cooking until starting to brown. Add the broth, feta and lime juice, cooking until he cheese begins to melt.
- Add the diced chicken, blueberries, thyme, lime zest and feta sauce to the pasta and stir to mix everything together.
One thought on “Blueberry pasta salad”