This recipe for Sausage and Spinach Quiche looked good. I love making pie crust from scratch though, so I modified it a bit.
- 1 1/3 cups White Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Flax-paks
- About 5 Tbs ice water with a bit of lemon juice
Cut the butter and flax into the flour and add enough water to hold everything together. Roll out on a floured surface and place into pie dish.
- 1 package sausage sliced or removed from casing
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ~10oz bag of fresh spinach
- ~1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375. In a skillet, cook the sausage and onion. Add the garlic and spinach and cook until the spinach releases its water.
Place the cheese in the bottom of the pie shell, add the sausage and spinach mixture on top. Lightly beat the eggs with the milk and pour over sausage and spinach.
Cook at 375 for about 45 minutes.