Not much on sale at Publix this week, and lots of meals from Mark Bittman’s The Food Matters Cook Book (TFMCB), but here are the meals…
- Pizza that we didn’t get around to making last week
- Frozen Sweet Potato and Gruyere Turnovers.
- Pasta with Pureed Red Beans and Shiitakes (TFMCB p. 214)–using baby portobellos and adding one leftover chicken and apple sausage.
- Lemony Zucchini Risotto (TFMCB p. 302)
- Crisp and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas with beef (TFMCB p. 410, also here).
- Chicken pot pie, based on something like this.
- BBQ meatballs and Creamed Spinach made with no Cream.
- 1 lbs ground beef, 1 chopped onion, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 egg, salt and pepper, 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp rosemary
- Form meatballs and brown in skillet. Add to crock pot with 1 jar BBQ sauce. Cook on low.
Update 1/23: While I can find no corroborating evidence online to link to, our calendar has Jan 23rd listed as National Meatloaf Day…so we’ve reworked the menu and today will be an old favorite: Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf.