This week’s meals: a couple more from The Food Matters Cook Book…and a few other things from around the web. Finish it off with a couple old favorites.
- Teriyaki noodles with asparagus and chicken (TFMCB).
- Chipotle quinoa with corn and black beans (and a bit of steak) (TFMCB)
- Sweet and sour pork–something we made last week reminded the kids about this and they’ve been asking for it. Adding a bag of stir fry veggies to bump up the veggie content.
- Sausage and spinach quiche.
- Homemade pizza
- Grilled sausages with broccoli on the side.
- Sweet Potato and Gruyere turnovers: the Sept 2010 issue of Real Simple scaled this up for a meal swap. We make it and freeze. You get four amazingly delicious meals ready to throw in the oven and eat–freezer to table in 45 minutes! A bit expensive with all the Swiss chard and gruyere, but SO worth it! We make our own whole wheat pie crust: for 8 crusts (yes it’s a lot, but remember this makes 4 meals!): mix 4 cups white flour, 4 cups whole wheat flour, 1-2 tsp salt. Cut in 1 cup butter and 1 1/3 cup vegetable shortening. Add about 1 1/2 cups ice cold water with a bit of lemon and mix. You will probably need another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to get the right consistency.