Frozen ravioli makes a nice start to a fast dinner. We had gotten tired of ravioli a while back since all we did was add some spaghetti sauce. This recipe is a relatively fast and easy dish that adds flavor, veggies and something different to the routine.
We used beef ravioli, though with cheese ravioli this could be a vegetarian dish. To make the cooking go a bit faster at meal time, you can dice the squash ahead of time and store in the fridge until your ready to go.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1 lb), peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 package ravioli
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the butternut squash.
- Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until the squash is soft and starting to brown (10-15 min).
- Meanwhile boil the water for the ravioli and prepare according to package directions.
- When the squash is ready, add the garlic and thyme and cook uncovered for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the ravioli, topping with the squash and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.