Based on a sandwich that we love from a local restaurant, we put sliced apples, brie and ham in them!
We made the Campfire casserole from Leanne Ely’s Saving Dinner on Sunday. Yummy, though either increase the filling or make less cornbread topping. Lots of yummy leftovers!
The Chicken Bulgar Skillet from Taste of Home was really good.
Last night we made the Lemony-Chicken with Potatoes and Beans from Dinner a Love Story.
We had some purple potatoes left from another night and used those. Mom and Dad say the only problem with the recipe is that we didn’t have any leftovers! Kids thought the veggies were too lemony. Can’t please everyone…Maybe next time only put lemon slices in half of the dish and give the kids veggies from the other half.
Not sure how to start this blog off other than to just post this week’s meals…so here we go:
- Campfire casserole from Leanne Ely’s Saving Dinner
- Panini using Mostly Whole Wheat Baguettes with Bulgar from Mark Bittman’s The Food Matters Cook Book (TFMCB). With ham, brie and apples.
- Pasta with smashed peas, prosciutto and scallions from TFMCB.
- Lemony-Chicken with Potatoes and Beans from Dinner a Love Story.
- Chicken Bulgar Skillet from Taste of Home.
- A freezer meal we made a while ago, Cranberry Chicken from Gourmet Mom on The Go.