- Barbacoa burritos with salad.
- Sweet potato, ginger chicken teriyaki skewers (*TFMCB-p.71)
- Noodles with broccoli, beef and black tea sauce (*TFMCB-p.260)
- Sausages on buns with corn on the cob
- Frozen meal: the last of the pork apricot stew
We made these Honey Yogurt Waffles this morning. I modified it a bit, doubling the dry ingredients and bumping up the wet, but not double…should have taken better notes…The outmeal adds a nice texture and they turned out really nice and brown and crispy–maybe the yogurt or honey?
- From the Fine Cooking that just arrived: Coffee-rubbed pork tenderloin with watermelon relish.
- Chicken Gyros
- Lemon Chicken pasta salad
- Hot dog dippers–looks like this was in lots of people’s newspapers this week…sounds like a fun meal for he kids, but using homemade pizza dough. With corn on the cob.
- Grilled Garlic Chicken and Spinach Pizza….something like this, but with homemade dough.
- Turkey cornbread casserole, with extra frozen veggies.
For mother’s day breakfast, we’ll be making orange rolls.
I mostly followed this recipe from myrecipes.com, but after sauteing the onion and browning the chicken pieces, I threw everything in the crock pot. I turned out really well, and made for a nice quick dinner when we got home.
We made this recipe from Fine Cooking (also in Fine Cooking v. 102, p. 108). We used some of the Queso Fresco that we had left over instead of the goat cheese, you could also use feta or other cheese.
The caramelized onions and sweet potatoes offer a great balance to the balsamic vinegar–a great salad.
I had some buttermilk leftover from the amazingly good Grilled Buttermilk Chicken from last week’s menu. So I was Googling around for a good way to use that up. We have a long-time favorite scone recipe that has served us well over the years. But I decided to give this recipe from 101 Cooking for Two a try. Yum!