The CSA is starting to wind down for the year. Only two more weeks left. Here’s this weeks goodies: Strawberries, melons, onions, cucumbers, peppers, spaghetti squash, zucchini–green and golden, patty pans, potatoes, and flowers. We’ve got patty pans left over–we’ll see what we can do with those–as well as cucumbers–more pickles (these were delishous)!
- Patty Pans Braised with Onions and Chorizo
- Fried Patty Pans and BBQ Chicken
- Cream of Zucchini Soup with Grilled Cheese
- Loaded potato night: broccoli, bacon, corn, cheese,
- Ham and Pineapple Fried Cauliflower Rice (Can’t believe I’m picking cauliflower again!)
- Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs
- Pizza night
The CSA batch was a bit on the small side this week, but here’s what we’ve got to work with: leeks, cucumbers,onions, corn (only 1 ear), fennel, green beans, patty pans, zucchini, mint and anise hyssop as well as some flowers.
- Glazed carrots with Anise Hyssop Reduction and Stir-Fried Beef with Anise Hyssop, adding peppers, corn and zucchini.
- This recipe, but with bulgar, goat cheese and tomatoes, adding crumbled bacon.
- Green Beans with Mushrooms and Caramelized Leeks with Burgers
- Chickpea Sautée with Greek Yogurt, adding sausage
- Burritos with ground beef, black beans, corn, olives, green peppers, onions, cheese…
Quite a bunch of stuff from the CSA this week, especially basil! There’s what we have: Regular basil, Citrus basil, cucumbers, golden zucchini, fennel, onions, leeks, peppers, cabbage, corn, carrots, beets, sage, parsley, zucchini, patty pans, and green beans.
- Sweet Onion & Corn Quinoa Fritters with Corn & Basil Salad (double this recipe)
- Summer Farro Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers & Basil with Grilled Sausages
- Leek, Bacon and Gruyere Crustless Quiche with Kale Salad with Carrots and Peppers
- Baked Zucchini Fries with Pork, Sage and Apple Burgers
- Green Bean, Mushroom and Fennel Salad with Basil Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Patty Pan Steaks with Italian Salsa Verde and Blueberry Coleslaw
Also need to make a Beet Bundt Cake.
This week’s CSA had a good variety of yummy veggies: peppers, beets, leeks, green beans, cucumbers, golden zucchini, patty pans (4 this week!), onion, strawberries, basil and sunflowers.
- Sausage and Quinoa Stuffed [Patty Pans]
- Chilled Golden Zucchini and Buttermilk Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Green Beans with Bacon Vinaigrette and BBQ Chicken
- Pizza with Spinach, Basil, Bacon, and Tomatoes–Aaron’s favorite order at Satchel’s
- Leek, Tomato and Mushroom Quiche
- Beet and Mango Salad with Goat Cheese
This week’s CSA has more zucchini, beets, carrots, fennel, onions, cucumbers, lettuce and a patty pan…never heard of that, but we’ll see what can be done with it…Looks like most recipes stuff them…kind of hard to do with one patty pan!??!
With so many cucumbers, let’s make some pickles.
- Sweet Corn and Patty Pan Chowder
- Salad with Cucumber Ranch Dressing and chicken
- Shrimp and [zucchini] Stir-Fry in Lemon Sauce
- Quinoa Burritos with Zucchini rather than butternut squash
- Carrot and Beet Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- Pasta with Pea Pesto and Bacon
Another weekend away, so we’re a bit late posting the meals for this week. CSA had zucchini, beets, lettuce, cucumbers, peas, onions, fennel, dill, and strawberries.
- Pork Tenderloin with Apricot-Fennel Ragout
- Sausages sliced into Crunchy Spring Salad with Dill
- Grilled Zucchini and Sausage Kabobs
- Cold Beat Yogurt Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Beet Green and Mushroom Frittata
We’ll also use up some zucchini and bananas on this Zucchini Banana Bread.
Last week I–an admitted disliker of cauliflower–went out on a bit of a limb and selected a recipe that called for cauliflower: Cauliflower Cuscus with Paprika Shrimp. Not because we had CSA cauliflower and I was trying to figure out what the heck to do with it, but because I was looking for a shrimp dish and it caught my eye. Before I forget, or it gets lost in the long list of delicious recipes that I still need to write up, let me say that we all loved this and if you, like me, are a bit skeptical of cauliflower, give it a try!
OK, this week’s CSA: strawberries (they’ll need eating soon!), cucumber, zucchini, broccoli, lettuce, bok choy, cabbage, peas, dill, onion.
- Avocado Cucumber Salad with Steak Tacos and White Refried Beans
- Sausage and Broccoli Calzones
- Shoyu Cabbage Soup
- Spaghetti with Peas and Zucchini Ribbons
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Gouda, adding grilled chicken
- Venezuelan Stuffed Corn Cakes
A bit of a small batch of veggies this wee from the CSA: Lettuce, braising greens, carrots, cabbage, fennel, onions and parsley. Not sure why there’s not much there, but hopefully they pick it up next week.
For Easter breakfast we’ll make Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes.
- Chopped salad
- Braised Greens with Tomatoes and Crock Pot Ham with rolls
- Carrot, Dill and White Bean Salad with ___________
- Cauliflower Couscous with Paprika Shrimp
- Broccoli, Bell Pepper and Chickpea Salad with Feta and Zesty Lemon Dressing
- Taco night
The CSA had a nice bunch of flowers this week along with carrots, beets, broccoli, cabbage, salad mix, Brussels sprouts, collards, dill and peas. As I was picking this up, I was thinking “Oh no…more cabbage, what am I going to do with more cabbage??” But then I found TheKitchn’s Roasted Cabbage with Bacon and I am looking forward to more cabbage!
- Roasted Root Vegetable and Chicken Tacos
- Roasted Cabbage with Bacon (add the few Brussels sprouts) and Burgers
- Pizza night with one Shrimp and Dill Pizza and one sausage, green pepper and onion pizza
- Salad with peas and radishes and sausage
- Ham and Broccoli Frittata
- Grilled Pork Chops with Perfect Corn Muffins and Collards
- Nachos, tacos or burritos
This week’s CSA goodies: cabbage, dill, scallions, spinach, lettuce, salad mix, celery, cauliflower, carrots, baby kale, and some flowers. With the heat last week, we kept trying to turn things into salads…looks like we’ve got lots of good salad fixin’s here.
- Baby Kale and Strawberry Summer Salad, adding grilled chicken
- Turkey Reubens and Sweet potato fries
- Cream of Celery Soup with Bacon with grilled cheese sandwiches
- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with Greens with Avocado and Grapefruit
- Spinach and Cheese Pizza
- Moroccan-Spiced Cauliflower and Carrot Salad