The last week of the CSA until next season…Here’s the veggies: Spaghetti squash, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, berries, watermelon, Rosa Bianca and Italian eggplant. We also have some acorn squash and eggplant leftover from before.
- 20 Minute Mediterranean Hummus Noodles with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, using spaghetti squash instead of spiralized zucchini.
- Chicken Salad Pita with Baba Gahnoush (Recipe for Baba Gahnoush)
- Lettuce Salad with Hot Beef Dressing and Corn on the cob
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with with Corn and Cotija Salsa
- Grilled Sausages and Tomato, Cumber and Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic
- South Carolina Mustard-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and coleslaw
- Acorn Squash and Roasted Garlic Strudel and salads
Sometime this week we need to make Chocolate Eclair Dessert.
Second to last week of the CSA for a while…Here’s the list: tomatoes, fairy tale (small) and regular eggplants, strawberries, peppers, onions, spaghetti, butternut, acorn, kabocha and delicata squash and melons. And a tuberous thing we’re not sure what it is…
- Pasta with Roasted Kabocha Squash, Bacon, Onions and Cream
- Panfried Pork Steamed Buns
- Eggplant and Tofu Stir-fry
- Taco night
- Something along the lines of Eggplant Parmesan Pizza
- Greek Style Spaghetti Squash with Grilled sausages.
Apparently it’s squash and relatives time in Central Florida, here’s the CSA list for this week: Spaghetti squash, cherry tomatoes, melons, peppers, eggplant, patty pans, onion, delicata squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, potatoes, mint and some flowers.
- Soft tacos with Sautéed Winter Squash and Chipotles, using goat cheese
- Everyone enjoyed the loaded potatoes from last week, so let’s to that again.
- Roasted Squash with Maple Syrup and Sage Cream and grilled chicken
- Burgers with Feta-Yogurt Sauce and Mint with pickles and salad
- Shrimp Pad Thai–this uses Spaghetti squash, use sun butter
- Roasted Patty Pan Squash and Herbed Chickpeas, adding ham.
The CSA is starting to wind down for the year. Only two more weeks left. Here’s this weeks goodies: Strawberries, melons, onions, cucumbers, peppers, spaghetti squash, zucchini–green and golden, patty pans, potatoes, and flowers. We’ve got patty pans left over–we’ll see what we can do with those–as well as cucumbers–more pickles (these were delishous)!
- Patty Pans Braised with Onions and Chorizo
- Fried Patty Pans and BBQ Chicken
- Cream of Zucchini Soup with Grilled Cheese
- Loaded potato night: broccoli, bacon, corn, cheese,
- Ham and Pineapple Fried Cauliflower Rice (Can’t believe I’m picking cauliflower again!)
- Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs
- Pizza night
The CSA batch was a bit on the small side this week, but here’s what we’ve got to work with: leeks, cucumbers,onions, corn (only 1 ear), fennel, green beans, patty pans, zucchini, mint and anise hyssop as well as some flowers.
- Glazed carrots with Anise Hyssop Reduction and Stir-Fried Beef with Anise Hyssop, adding peppers, corn and zucchini.
- This recipe, but with bulgar, goat cheese and tomatoes, adding crumbled bacon.
- Green Beans with Mushrooms and Caramelized Leeks with Burgers
- Chickpea Sautée with Greek Yogurt, adding sausage
- Burritos with ground beef, black beans, corn, olives, green peppers, onions, cheese…
Quite a bunch of stuff from the CSA this week, especially basil! There’s what we have: Regular basil, Citrus basil, cucumbers, golden zucchini, fennel, onions, leeks, peppers, cabbage, corn, carrots, beets, sage, parsley, zucchini, patty pans, and green beans.
- Sweet Onion & Corn Quinoa Fritters with Corn & Basil Salad (double this recipe)
- Summer Farro Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers & Basil with Grilled Sausages
- Leek, Bacon and Gruyere Crustless Quiche with Kale Salad with Carrots and Peppers
- Baked Zucchini Fries with Pork, Sage and Apple Burgers
- Green Bean, Mushroom and Fennel Salad with Basil Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Patty Pan Steaks with Italian Salsa Verde and Blueberry Coleslaw
Also need to make a Beet Bundt Cake.
This week’s CSA had a good variety of yummy veggies: peppers, beets, leeks, green beans, cucumbers, golden zucchini, patty pans (4 this week!), onion, strawberries, basil and sunflowers.
- Sausage and Quinoa Stuffed [Patty Pans]
- Chilled Golden Zucchini and Buttermilk Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Green Beans with Bacon Vinaigrette and BBQ Chicken
- Pizza with Spinach, Basil, Bacon, and Tomatoes–Aaron’s favorite order at Satchel’s
- Leek, Tomato and Mushroom Quiche
- Beet and Mango Salad with Goat Cheese
This week’s CSA has more zucchini, beets, carrots, fennel, onions, cucumbers, lettuce and a patty pan…never heard of that, but we’ll see what can be done with it…Looks like most recipes stuff them…kind of hard to do with one patty pan!??!
With so many cucumbers, let’s make some pickles.
- Sweet Corn and Patty Pan Chowder
- Salad with Cucumber Ranch Dressing and chicken
- Shrimp and [zucchini] Stir-Fry in Lemon Sauce
- Quinoa Burritos with Zucchini rather than butternut squash
- Carrot and Beet Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- Pasta with Pea Pesto and Bacon