Last week we had our first CSA veggie casualty–the really good looking head of butter lettuce froze in the fridge before we could use it 🙁
Luckily there’s more this week, so we can enjoy some. Here’s what’s in this week’s share: daikon, Napa cabbage, turnips, beets, chard, red and green lettuce, mint, braising mix, garlic chives, and collards.
- [Chicken] Nuggets with [Collards] and Bacon
- Asian Lettuce Wraps with Carrot and Daikon Pickles
- A modified version of [Chard and Broccoli] Quiche with [Purple] Sweet Potato Crust
- Salad with hard boiled eggs and veggies (tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, some garlic chives) with Turnips Anna (While there’s many recipes out there for this, many including bacon, like this tempting one, I couldn’t pass up the ease and coolness of the Cartoon Kitchen version).
- Sweet Potato Samosas
- Chicken of some sort with Roasted Beets, Cabbage and Apples